Maine Continuing Education COURSE
Core Course for Brokers and Associate Brokers - 3
In this course, we will review the tool that aids in such communication: The Real Estate Brokerage Relationships Form.
An understanding of the relationships that can be formed and the parameters for the services that may be offered with each type of relationship enables licensees to explain this critical aspect to consumers and to manage any expectations.
This three-hour course prepares you for presenting the form to consumers at the right time, as issues can come up if the required presentation doesn’t take place, or takes place after services have been provided without the consumer thoroughly understanding their options and what to expect. Other important topics that will be addressed include some key changes to Maine’s Revised Statutes and a review of the advertising laws and rules you need to know and with which you must comply.
The course meets Maine's mandatory requirement for the Core Course for Brokers and Associate Brokers – 3.
Course highlights include:
- An overview of changes to Maine’s Revised Statutes.
- A discussion as to when the Real Estate Brokerage Relationships Form is required.
- An examination of the importance of having a meaningful discussion of the form.
- An explanation of what constitutes a “substantive” conversation.
- A review of the advertising requirements and an understanding of how to discern deceptive ads from lawful ones.
- Interactive activities and scenarios to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context